MC Tak Jae Hoon: On the topic of money, when was the most income Boyfriend made since your debut?
Boyfriend: We never broke even so we haven’t made an income yet. For the Lunar New Year, our CEO instead gave us allowance money of $1,000 USD per member to tell us that we did a good job.
1. [+186, -3] Every promotion cycle, there are several hundreds of thousands that are lost in expenses from music video filmings and whatnot so it’s difficult to make an income under such circumstances. Boyfriend is only lasting this long because they seem to have some semblance of a response in Japan. Female idols can break even by performing at events but the competition’s tough lately because of the economy. Rookie idols have to break their backs performing at events in order to even see an income.
2. [+135, -7] I’m not that familiar with male idol groups but I do know that children seem to like this group a lot so it surprises me that they haven’t been being paid. Are they sure they’re not being frauded?
3. [+126, -0] Just because you’re an idol doesn’t mean you make a lot of money. They barely make more than a salaryman’s one month’s pay. Popular idols make a lot of money but that gets put back into expenses like food, transportation, etc.
4. [+142, -1] Am I the only one reminded of Block B;; They paid for their stage outfits themselves. At least Boyfriend gets an allowance… Makes me realize the importance of joining the right company.
5. [+143, -33] You gotta promote something to make money… What have they promoted… actually, who are they…???
6. [+133, -1] I’m sure their company isn’t in the reds since they have SISTAR and K. Will. SISTAR has a lot of CFs they’ve been doing.
7. [+115, -1] So if a company doesn’t make more than what they’ve invested, they don’t pay their employees… What a weird set up.
8. [+72, -8] Hul, I pity them..
9. [+62, -7] So since $1 million was invested in B.A.P., they’re not getting paid until they make that $1 million back… Hul…….. damn…
10. [+57, -3] Too many fu*king idols ㅡㅡ Just disband all of the groups that aren’t breaking even… The music industry is rotting
Source: News 24 via Naver and Netizenbuzz